Send student samples
Guidance for schools and colleges on sending students’ non-exam assessment (NEA) work samples to the moderator.
Whichever method you choose to submit marks, for most subjects you will still need to send student work samples to your allocated moderator by post.
What we’ll send to you
If your component is available on Centre Marks Submission (CMS) accessed via Centre Services, we’ll send you AQA-branded sacks. We won’t send you paper mark forms or printed moderator labels, as everything else you need will be on CMS.
What you need to send to us
- Send us your students' samples as soon as possible, at the very latest within five days of the submission deadline.
- Include a signed candidate record form for each student.
- Include a signed centre declaration sheet for each component.
- Use standard post (do not use a service that requires a signature from the recipient).
- Keep a record of all items you send.
- Follow the encrypted media guidance for relevant student samples (subjects that need to be encrypted are Dance, Drama, Physical Education, Media Studies, Project qualifications and Tech Awards).
We’ll send separate instructions about arrangements for visiting moderation to the subject teachers at your school or college.
NEA, fieldwork and live performance centre declaration form
For summer 2022, if you’re entering students for one or more of the following subjects, you also need to complete an NEA, fieldwork and live performance centre declaration form. This form must be signed by your head of centre and sent to us by email at: NEAdeclaration@aqa.org.uk
- A-level Drama (7262)
- A-level Biology (7402), Chemistry (7405), Physics (7408)
- GCSE English (8700)
- GCSE Citizenship Studies (8100)
- GCSE Drama (8261)