Submit marks online
Guidance for schools and colleges on submitting centre-assessed marks online.
Submit internally assessed marks online using e-AQA Centre Marks Submission (e-Subs) or Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). In addition to submitting marks, you still need to send us your students' work.
Check the deadlines table to see when e-Subs opens for each series, and when marks must be submitted by.
See this document for detailed instructions on how to submit marks online:
2019/20 qualifications not available on e-Subs or EDI
- AQA Baccalaureate
- AQA Certificate Personal and Social Education
- GCSE, AS and A-level Physical Education
- Tech-level (TVQ)
For GCSE, AS and A-level Physical Education, you need to use the spreadsheets available from e-AQA.
How to submit marks with e-Subs
e-Subs online tutorials and help documents
The online e-learning modules below include audio.
- e-learning module 1: Getting started
- e-learning module 2: Entering marks
- e-learning module 3: Viewing samples
- e-learning module 4: Amending marks
- e-learning module 5: Requesting extensions
- Getting started: e-Subs quick reference guide
- Guide to navigating the e-Subs dashboard
- Flowchart: Submit marks online using CMS and EDI
- e-Subs FAQs
How to submit marks with EDI
Use EDI to submit marks as a digital file in a specific data format.
You can still choose to submit marks as an EDI file, even if e-Subs is available for your subject. In this case, you don’t need to send EDI print-outs to your moderator.
How EDI works
- Marks will automatically transfer into e-Subs, usually within 24 hours of us receiving your mark file.
- Once every student entered has a mark or special status, you'll be able to log in to e-AQA to view the sample selection.
- The e-Subs system automatically calculates the sample and displays your allocated moderator.