Send scripts for marking
Instructions for exam officers on how to send us students' question papers after the exams.
If you're sending marks and samples for non-exam assessment (NEA), see submit marks instead.
Before the exam
We'll send you:
- grey AQA-branded sacks for you to put your scripts in
- blank yellow or white labels to print your exam labels on
- attendance registers.
Order extras as needed
- If you need extra sacks and/or blank labels, order extra stationery.
- If the original label has been used, extra printable versions can be ordered using our exam labels form. These will be available to print on Centre Services 24-hours after the request has been submitted.
- Attendance registers can be found at Centre Services. To access, select ‘pre-exams/entries/current entry reports/academic year/series/subject reports‘.
Print exam labels and logs in advance
- Exam labels and transfer candidate labels will be available to print 24-hours before the exam on Centre Services. To access, select ‘exams/script dispatch labels/print labels’.
- Dispatch logs for Department for Education (DfE) centres can also be found on Centre Services. To access, select ‘exams/script dispatch labels/print labels’.
About your label types
White labels with a bar code on the left for any qualifications not covered by the DfE's yellow label service.
After the exam
Fill and label the sacks
- Ensure that the attendance register is filled in. Please write ‘W’ for withdrawn candidates and ‘T’ for transferred candidates in the absent column.
- Use treasury tags for any loose additional pages and forms, and place them behind the front cover of the student’s answer booklet. Don't use paper clips or staples.
- Place the scripts and attendance register in the sack.
- Reinforce any single or lightweight dispatches with card and seal the sack.
- Stick the label on the sack and make sure the entire barcode is showing.
- Ensure component/unit code on exam label matches component/unit code on exam script.
Dispatch your sealed sacks
- Yellow label packages – May to June: if you have timetabled exams on three or more days during any week, Parcelforce Worldwide will contact you to arrange collection.
- Yellow label packages – July to April: call Parcelforce on 0344 561 7998 to book a collection. This is a dedicated service and a contract number isn’t required. Fill in the dispatch log you printed from Centre Services and retain in school for tracking.
- For white label packages we recommend using a tracking service. If you use first class post instead, then make sure you keep proof of postage. Ensure you have put both the white label and your chosen courier label on the sack.