Explanation of results on your certificate
You can find an explanation of the results shown on your certificate on the links below:
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) AS and A-level
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Ordinary Level (O-level)
- Access Courses
- Advanced Extension Award (AEA)
- AEB M Level
- AEB Rhodesia
- AQA Baccalaureate
- AQA Certificates
- AQA Level 1/Level 2 Certificates
- AQA Level 3 Certificate/Extended Certificate
- Basic Skills
- Certificate of Further Studies
- Certification of Secondary Education (CSE)
- Entry Level Certificate (ELC)
- Entry Level Certificate in Adult Literacy and Adult Numeracy
- Foundation Certificate of Secondary Education (FCSE)
- Free-Standing Maths Qualification (FSMQ)
- Functional Skills
- General National Vocational Qualification (GNVQ)
- Key Skills
- Level 1 and 2 Certificate
- Principal Learning
- Project Qualifications
- Vocational Certificate of Education (VCE)
Qualification Accreditation Number (QAN)
QANs are provided where the specifications are approved by the regulators of external qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Explanation of the symbols
+ The student was exempt from part of the qualification.
# The student was absent from one (or more) of the assessments in this qualification and was awarded zero marks for it.
§ Denotes where a subject qualification is not regulated by Ofqual.
Ofqual regulate GCSEs that are available in England. This regulator does not regulate any modular GCSE qualifications or any linear GCSE English or English Language qualifications where speaking and listening assessments contribute to the grade awarded, which are available in other countries.
For clarity, this means that all three of our regulatory bodies logos appear on all of our A-level certificates and on all of our GCSE certificates, however Ofqual has not regulated those qualifications with results for:
Subject Award Code
Conditions of issue
This certificate is and remains the property of AQA at all times and is issued on the following conditions:
(a) Any alteration to this certificate makes it invalid.
(b) This certificate must be returned to AQA on request.
(c) Students whose level of achievement is below the minimum judged by AQA will receive an UNCLASSIFIED (U (u)) result. U grades do not appear on a certificate.
Use of an altered certificate could constitute a criminal offence.
If there is any doubt about the details recorded on the certificate, write for confirmation to the Chief Executive Officer at AQA, Devas Street, Manchester, MI5 6EX.
Comparison of qualifications
A comparison of qualifications can be obtained as follows: