Our cookies help us:
- make our website work as you would expect
- remember your settings during and between visits
- improve the speed/security of the site
- allow you to share pages with social networks like Twitter
- continuously improve our website for you
- better cater for how we market our products and services to our current and prospective registered contacts.
- reduce the quantity of irrelevant messages our current and prospective registered contacts receive
- market our products and services on third party websites to people who have previously visited our website.
- collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below. Alternatively view a full list of the cookies and their uses.
More about our cookies
Website function cookies
Our own cookies
- making our shopping basket and checkout work
- remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey).
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) cookies
The AQA web tracking cookie, supplied through Click Dimensions, uses a first party cookie to track visitor activity on the AQA web sites. We use this information to improve the content of our website and also better tailor our marketing and communication to our CRM registered contacts. Data produced as a consequence of an AQA registered visitor landing on our website will never be shared with anyone outside of the AQA family.
If you do not want this site to place a cookie on your browser and track your activity, you may browse the site using "Privacy Mode" in your web browser.
To learn how to use privacy mode refer to the links below depending on the browser you use.
- InPrivate mode in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Incognito mode in Google Chrome
- Private browsing mode in Mozilla FireFox
- Private browsing mode in Apple Safari.
If you fill out a web form on the AQA website your information will be stored in our CRM system and some amount of your past browsing on this site may be available to our staff to determine your interests so we may more effectively communicate with you and so we may improve our site.
We may also use your browsing behaviour on our website to prompt you to read a message you may have missed. Alternatively if we can see that you've visited a certain AQA webpage or downloaded one of our resources we would like to exclude you from receiving further communication requesting you visit the same webpage or download the same resource. However, if you use private browsing as described above, you may provide us your information without making your past browsing activity available to us.
AQA, through Click Dimensions technology, uses first party HTML browser cookies. This means that visitors to our site are easily able to set their browsers to reject cookies and are easily able to delete cookies set by us and others. For example, to set the Internet Explorer browser to reject cookies go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings and select the privacy level (using the slider bar) that you prefer. To delete cookies in Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > General > Browsing History and click the Delete button then select the cookies option.
Social website cookies
So you can easily 'Like' or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies used by us:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
In some cases we also monitor click interactions, mouse movements and scrolling activity. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and we cannot monitor these activities across sites we do not manage or own.
Any data and actions we monitor are recorded specifically to help us to continuously improve our website and provide a better online service for all users.
View our list of cookies for more details about anonymous visitor cookies that we use.
In line with Internet Advertising Bureau guidelines, our online advertising served via this method includes the AdChoices icon. Clicking on that icon will give more information about tracking cookies and allow you to opt out of receiving further targeted advertising. For more information visit the AdChoices website.
We also use Twitter tailored ads services. These can be opted out of via your browser settings or Twitters privacy control options.
View our list of cookies for more details about targeting cookies that we use.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website and a large proportion of other websites around the world as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.