Ofqual’s guide for schools and colleges 2022: GCSEs, AS and A-levels
Friday 22 Apr 2022
Ofqual has published a guide for schools and colleges which explains how they regulate exam boards that provide GCSEs, AS and A-levels, as well as what schools and colleges can expect from exam boards and what exam boards, in turn, expect from schools and colleges.
It also explains some of the changes in place to arrangements for GCSE, AS and A levels in 2022 as we return to summer exams.
The guide covers:
- General information about GCSEs, AS and A-levels, and how ofqual regulate them.
- How GCSEs, AS and A-levels will be assessed in 2022.
- Information about changes to assessments to support disabled students.
- Support for students affected by illness, injury, or other events outside of their control.
- How GCSEs, AS and A-levels are marked and moderated.
- What to do if you think there is an error in the marking, or an exam board hasn't followed its processes properly.
- What exam boards must do to prevent malpractice and maladministration, and the role of schools and colleges.