Why choose AQA for AS and A-level Economics
Relevant content designed by experts
Our approach to Economics is to apply economic theory to support analysis of current economic problems and issues, and encourage students to appreciate the interrelationships between microeconomics and macroeconomics.
We have worked closely with teachers and universities to develop engaging and up-to-date content so that students can relate what they are learning to the world around them – locally, nationally and globally.
Real life skills
Students develop the knowledge and skills needed to understand and analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions.
They will also build upon their quantitative skills and appreciate that, when evaluating arguments, both qualitative and quantitative evidence are important.
Our question papers use a variety of assessment styles including real-life case studies and data exercises to better prepare students for further study and employment.
Working with our assessment specialists, our question papers have been developed so that they provide clear opportunities for students to apply their knowledge and skills, enabling them to achieve their potential.
Flexibility on teaching
Both our AS and A-level provide strong stand-alone qualifications that can be taught together or independently of one another, allowing you to choose the approach that is best suited to your needs and those of your students.
To assist you in delivering our specifications, we offer a comprehensive range of support and resources, including direct contact with our Economics subject team, resources to help you plan and deliver our courses and teacher continuing professional development (CPD) courses.
At AQA, we help your students get the results they deserve, from the exam board you can trust.
Learn more about our Economics qualifications at aqa.org.uk/economics.
Support and resources to help you teach
We know that support and resources are vital for your teaching and that you have limited time to find or develop good quality materials. So we’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
We have too many Economics resources to list here so visit aqa.org.uk/7136 to see them all. They include:
- flexible sample schemes of work to help you plan for course delivery in your own way
- individual lesson plans on specific topic areas to assist you in providing continuity and progression in teaching
- student textbooks and e-learning materials that have been scrutinised by AQA
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Economics qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/7136 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners' reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- exemplar student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up to date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject-specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills:
- improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements
- help you prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Get help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/7136
You can talk directly to the Economics subject team:
T: 01483 477 863
- Specifications for first teaching in 2015 (675.6 KB)