Why choose AQA for AS Further Mathematics
Maths is essential for many higher education courses and careers. We’ve worked closely with higher education to ensure this qualification gives your students the best possible chance to progress and realise their potential.
Assessment design that rewards understanding
We want students to see the links between different areas of maths and to apply their maths skills across all areas.
Consistent assessments are essential, which is why we’ve worked hard to ensure our papers are clear and reward your students for their mathematical skills and knowledge.
You can find out about all our Further Mathematics qualifications at aqa.org.uk/maths
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/7366 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- route maps to allow you to plan how to deliver the specification in the way that will best suit you and your students
- teaching guidance to outline clearly the possible scope of teaching and learning
- lesson plans and homework sheets tailored to this specification
- tests and assessments that will allow you to measure the development of your students as they work through the content
- textbooks that are approved by AQA
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Mathematics qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly-qualified teachers who are just getting started, to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Further Mathematics qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/7366 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- example student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/7366
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/from-2017
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 0161 957 3852