Why choose AQA for GCSE Mathematics
Maths is for everyone. It is diverse, engaging and essential in equipping students with the right skills to reach their future destination, whatever that may be. At AQA, we design qualifications and support to enable students to engage with, explore, enjoy and succeed in maths. By putting students at the heart of everything we do, our aim is to support teachers to shape what success in maths looks like for every student.
Our question papers are designed with students in mind. We’re committed to ensuring that students are settled early in our exams and have the best possible opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of maths, to ensure they achieve the results they deserve.
You can find out about all our Mathematics qualifications at aqa.org.uk/maths
Support and resources to help you teach
We know that support and resources are vital for your teaching and that you have limited time to find or develop good quality materials. So we’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
We have too many Mathematics resources to list here so visit aqa.org.uk/8300 to see them all. They include:
- route maps to allow you to plan how to deliver the specification in the way that will best suit you and your students
- teaching guidance to outline clearly the possible scope of teaching and learning
- lesson plans and homework sheets tailored to this specification
- tests and assessments that will allow you to measure the development of your students as they work through the content
- textbooks that are approved by AQA
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Mathematics qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly-qualified teachers who are just getting started, to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/8300 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- exemplar student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up to date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject-specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills:
- improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements
- help you prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Get help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/8300
You can talk directly to the Mathematics subject team:
T: 0161 957 3852