Why choose AQA for GCSE Statistics
Statistics is about making decisions when there is uncertainty. Perhaps one of the most versatile areas of maths, it gives students the skills to collect, analyse, interpret and present data.
It complements subjects such as GCSE Biology, Psychology, Geography, Business and Economics, and opens the door to a variety of careers – from weather forecasting to the biological sciences.
A specification designed for you and your students
This new qualification retains much of the content that we know you and your students enjoy. Our new qualification is fully co-teachable alongside our GCSE Maths, helping you teach GCSE Statistics students in the same class. Topics are clearly and logically structured and include:
- understanding the importance of careful planning, a clear strategy for collecting, recording and processing data in order to address an identified question or hypothesis
- generating data visualisation and understanding the maths involved.
Clear, well-structured exams, accessible for all
To enable your students to show their breadth of knowledge and understanding, we’ve created a simple and straightforward structure and layout to our papers, using a mixture of question styles. There will be no coursework.
You can find out about all our Statistics qualifications at aqa.org.uk/mathematics
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/8382 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- sample schemes of work and route maps to help you plan your course with confidence
- Teaching guidance which provides a summary of changes to content and a summary of key features
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Statistics qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/8382 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- example student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/8382
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/from-2017
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 0161 957 3852