Why choose AQA for GCSE Modern Hebrew
A specification designed for you and your students
We’ve worked with a range of teachers to create this specification. We have focussed on ensuring that our assessments are clear, accessible and discriminate effectively.
Our objective is to enable students of all abilities to develop their Modern Hebrew language skills to their full potential, equipping them with the knowledge to communicate in a variety of contexts with confidence.
Languages for life
At AQA we're passionate about the benefits that learning a language can bring. We strongly believe in languages as a skill for life and something students should enjoy and find rewarding.
We know you want a specification which you can enjoy teaching, and one which expands your students' cultural knowledge whilst developing their language skills.
We are confident our assessments will deliver the right results for your students. We want to help you to attract students of all abilities to languages and to deliver the assessments and results you and your students deserve.
You can find out about all our Modern Hebrew qualifications at aqa.org.uk/languages
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/8678 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- sample schemes of work and lesson plans to help you plan your course with confidence
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Modern Hebrew qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/8678 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- example student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/8678
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/from-2017
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 01423 534 381