Why choose AQA for AS Religious Studies
Our courses offer a choice of different religions, ensuring students have a thorough understanding of diverse philosophical and ethical viewpoints.
Students gain critical and evaluative skills sought by higher education and employers – particularly in law, education, social work, politics, medicine, administration and the media.
Religious studies is a thought provoking subject and our contemporary themes will help you inspire engaging classroom discussion.
- all religions, philosophical and ethical themes have the same learning requirements, helping you integrate your teaching
- we’ve worked with subject experts, teachers and higher education to create a stimulating and relevant curriculum with a straightforward approach to assessment
- question papers will allow students of all abilities the chance to show what they know
- the AS and A-level are co-teachable – although they are decoupled, the AS content links directly to A-level as it’s the first half of the A-level course.
You can find out about all our Religious Studies qualifications at aqa.org.uk/religious-studies
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/7061 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- schemes of work
- specimen questions and marked exemplars
- topic guidance
- guidance for assessment
- introduction to resources
- training courses to help you deliver AQA Religious Studies qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly-qualified teachers who are just getting started to experienced teachers looking for inspiration.
Preparing for exams
Visit aqa.org.uk/7061 for everything you need to prepare for our exams, including:
- past papers, mark schemes and examiners’ reports
- specimen papers and mark schemes for new courses
- Exampro: a searchable bank of past AQA exam questions
- exemplar student answers with examiner commentaries.
Analyse your students' results with Enhanced Results Analysis (ERA)
Find out which questions were the most challenging, how the results compare to previous years and where your students need to improve. ERA, our free online results analysis tool, will help you see where to focus your teaching. Register at aqa.org.uk/era
For information about results, including maintaining standards over time, grade boundaries and our post-results services, visit aqa.org.uk/results
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject-specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Help and support available
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/7061
If you'd like us to share news and information about this qualification, sign up for emails and updates at aqa.org.uk/keepinformed-religious-studies
Alternatively, you can call or email our subject team direct.
T: 0161 957 3881