This specification requires students to:
- draw on information and evidence from different sources and demonstrate the ability to synthesise them
- analyse and evaluate different research methods used in sociological investigations and assess, critically, the appropriateness of their use
- analyse and evaluate information and evidence presented in different written, visual and numerical forms
- apply their understanding to explore and debate the current sociological issues outlined in each of the topic areas
- use sociological theories and evidence to compare and contrast social issues, construct reasoned arguments and debates, make substantiated judgements and draw conclusions
- draw connections between the different topic areas studied.