Why choose AQA for ELC Maths
Maths is for everyone. It is diverse, engaging and essential in equipping students with the right skills to reach their future destination, whatever that may be. At AQA, we design qualifications and support to enable students to engage, explore, enjoy and succeed in maths. By putting students at the heart of everything we do, our aim is to support teachers to shape what success in maths looks like for every student.
Entry Level Certificates (ELCs) are a nationally recognised qualification that gives students the opportunity to achieve a certificated award. Our ELC provides basic and relevant numeracy skills and is suitable for students of all ages. The specification is co-teachable with our GCSE, to suit students who are studying both qualifications. Our ELC aims to build students’ confidence in maths, including those studying at GCSE Foundation tier. The assessment is on demand so your students can complete assignments when they’re ready, helping to keep them motivated. Like all of our mathematics qualifications, we use straightforward language in our tests to allow students to focus on the maths and achieve the results they deserve.
You can find out about all our Mathematics qualifications at aqa.org.uk/maths
Support and resources to help you teach
We’ve worked with experienced teachers to provide you with a range of resources that will help you confidently plan, teach and prepare for exams.
Visit aqa.org.uk/5930 to see all our teaching resources. They include:
- worksheets to cover all components in this specification to use for class work assessment or as teaching resources
- support from portfolio advisers
- training courses to help you deliver AQA mathematics qualifications
- subject expertise courses for all teachers, from newly-qualified teachers who are just getting started, to experienced teachers looking for fresh inspiration.
Keep your skills up-to-date with professional development
Wherever you are in your career, there’s always something new to learn. As well as subject-specific training, we offer a range of courses to help boost your skills.
- Improve your teaching skills in areas including differentiation, teaching literacy and meeting Ofsted requirements.
- Prepare for a new role with our leadership and management courses.
You can attend a course at venues around the country, in your school or online – whatever suits your needs and availability. Find out more at coursesandevents.aqa.org.uk
Get help and support
Visit our website for information, guidance, support and resources at aqa.org.uk/5930
You can talk directly to the Mathematics subject team:
T: 0161 957 3852