To join the Unit Award Scheme (UAS), you'll need to:
- complete a centre registration form
- attend a training meeting.
If your centre doesn't have a Department for Education or National Centre Number, you'll need to supply the following information on the registration form:
- contact details of two referees we can approach (for your centre, not for the proposed UAS Co-ordinator)
- website details or other published information where we can find out more about your centre
- confirmation that your centre has a Child Protection Policy if working with young people under the age of 16.
Also, if you don't receive 100% Government funding, eg you are an independent centre rather than a mainstream school or academy, you'll need to complete the Credit Assessment Form (included in the registration form).
Forthcoming training meetings
|Tuesday 16 January 2018||Birmingham|
|Thursday 8 February 2018||London|
|Tuesday 6 March 2018||Leeds|
|Thursday 22 March 2018||London|
|Wednesday 11 April 2018||Manchester|
|Thursday 17 May 2018||London|
|Tuesday 19 June 2018||Leeds|
|Wednesday 18 July 2018||London|
Please use our online booking system to book your place at UAS new centre training meetings.
We can also train you and your colleagues at your centre. If you'd like us to do this, email us with three dates that would work for you.
What the training covers
- how the UAS works
- administration and assessment
- how to find, amend and write units.
What happens after training
Once your centre registration has been approved and you've completed the training, you'll be invoiced for the one-off registration fee. We'll then send the materials you need to get started delivering units to your students.
Contact us when students have completed their first units, and we'll explain what you need to do to get the evidence checked before your certificates are issued.