Dates and timetables
Find out when exams are, when results are out, when to submit coursework and when to enter students for exams throughout the year.
General exam dates
The Department for Education website holds exam dates provided by the biggest awarding bodies.
You can use their site to search, refine, sort and pick from a list of subjects and exams to create a personalised exams timetable for printing and downloading to your own PC or laptop. This website is for exams officers, but can also be used by teachers and students.
Please note, you will need to know the awarding body name and the exam code or full title of each exam to use the timetable.
Despite the best efforts of all exam boards to coordinate exam scheduling so that clashes are avoided, you may find that some students' exams are scheduled for the same time.
Please refer to the JCQ Instructions for conducting examinations to see how these clashes may be managed.
Our exam dates
AS and A-level
January 2013 was the last opportunity for students in England to sit A-level exams in January. Ofqual have confirmed that these changes to A-levels affects all students regardless of when they started their course.
- AS and A-level Winter (January 2014) exam timetable
- AS and A-level Winter (January 2014) exam timetable - printable version
Final version 1.0, issued June 2013.
Final re-sits AS and A-level Applied Art and Design, Applied ICT, Health and Social Care (outgoing specification), Leisure Studies, Travel and Tourism.
- A-level/FSMQ (June 2014) exam timetable
- A-level/FSMQ (June 2014) exam timetable - printable version
Final version 1.0, issued September 2013. To see the changes between provisional version 1.0 and final version, please see the change log.
Changes to GCSEs mean that all GCSEs taken after summer 2013 will be linear, with terminal assessment only available in the summer series.
- GCSE (including Pilots)/AQA Certificates/Functional Skills/VRQ (November 2013, January 2014 and March 2014) exam timetable
- GCSE (including Pilots)/AQA Certificates/Functional Skills/VRQ (November 2013, January 2014 and March 2014) exam timetable - printable version
Final version 1.1, issued July 2013
GCSE Modular Science is offered for schools and colleges outside of England.
- GCSE (including Pilots), VRQ/ELC Functional Skills, FSMQ (Level 1 and 2) AQA certificates and Other Examinations May/June 2014 exam timetable.
- GCSE (including Pilots), VRQ/ELC Functional Skills, FSMQ (Level 1 and 2) AQA certificates and Other Examinations May/June 2014 exam timetable - printable version
Final version 1.2, issued November 2013. To see the changes between final version 1.0 and final version 1.2 please see the change log.
- GCSE (including Pilots) and Functional Skills Examinations November 2014 exam timetable
Provisional version 1.1 issued November 2013
Diploma Principal Learning (AQA-City & Guilds)
The Diploma closes permanently on 31 August 2014. Students must complete all their components (Portfolio, Functional Skills, Projects and Work Experience) and be entered for an award by 31 August 2014 in order to qualify for their Diploma. Read more about the Diploma closing
- Diploma Principal Learning Units January 2014
Final version 1.0, issued June 2013
January 2014 will be the last opportunity for students to re-sit the written Principal Learning Units. If we do not receive any Initial entries for the units by the 15 September 2013, we will not be able to accept any entry requests for these exams.
These PDF timetables are definitive.
Please check back frequently to ensure that you have the latest version.