We've created a variety of resources to help you meet the new A-level practical requirements, giving you more time to concentrate on sparking your students’ interest and excitement for all things practical.
They're designed to support required learning objectives, and to help you assess your students’ progress through the Common Practical Assessment Criteria (CPAC).
If you have any questions, call our A-level science team on 01483 477 756 or email us.
- Online practical endorsement training (mandatory for lead teachers)
- Association for Science Education Conference 2018: AQA workshops and materials
- ASE Conference 2017 slides: A-level Biology practical science endorsement
- ASE Conference 2017 slides: A-level Chemistry CPAC best practice
- ASE Conference 2017 slides: A-level Physics CPAC best practice
- Webinar: Changes to practical assessment in A-level sciences from September 2015
- Webinar: Practical skills endorsement – best practice one year in – July 2016
Practicals apparatus set-up guides
Contact our technician advisers
- Teacher worksheets for assessing the CPAC
- CPAC student pen portraits
- Sample endorsement trackers for Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Sample endorsement trackers with sub-competency tracking for Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- CLEAPSS: the science advisory service
- Biology – Practical resources guide
- NUSTEM: A-level Physics required practicals