Specification at a glance
The Level 2 Higher Project is a Level 2 qualification first assessed in November 2008. It can contribute to programmes of study as a standalone qualification. Students may choose to take the Level 2 Higher Project Qualification as an extension from studies for any other qualifications.
The Level 2 Higher Project will develop and extend from one or more of the student’s study areas and/or from an area of personal interest or activity outside their main programme of study. It will be based on a topic chosen by the student(s) and agreed as appropriate by the centre.
Our specification is designed to provide a clear structure within which all learners can:
- develop transferable and core skills to apply in a future workplace, apprenticeship or further study
- become inquisitive and independent learners
- experience new areas and methods of study, including how to plan and review their progress
- use ICT and appropriate technologies with confidence.
Delivery of the Level 2 Higher Project Qualification
This involves some teaching of the necessary skills, supervision and assessment of the student’s progress. It will involve extended autonomous work by the student. It will require in total 60 guided learning hours.
Students are required, with appropriate supervision, to:
- choose an area of interest
- draft a title and aims of the project for formal approval by the centre
- plan, research and carry out the project
- deliver a presentation to a non specialist audience
- provide evidence of all stages of project development and production for assessment.