Specifications that use this resource:
Post-16 resits and further education
Here you’ll find resources to help you reinforce and develop GCSE English skills across all curriculum areas to either further education or post-16 resit students.
Our study routes flowchart will help you decide which qualification to enter your post-16 students for, and at which time.
Providing tried and tested ideas from experienced post-16 educational leaders, our case studies show strategies that you can bring into your school or college to boost your students’ confidence and improve performance.
Resources to help you teach over one year
- Standard one-year teaching plan
- Poster: assessment objectives symmetry grid
- Suggested timings grid
- Teaching guide: developing English language skills
- Past question papers and examiner commentaries
Resources to support assessment
The following resources are available on Centre Services:
- past question papers and three sets of sample assessment materials
- guidance for the Spoken Language endorsement and videos featuring students who've been moderated across all awarding bodies, with examiner commentaries.
- marked student responses and commentaries for specimen assessment materials set 4
- creative writing answers and commentaries
- past course materials for Post 16 teachers including: getting started summer 2020, stretching grades 3–4 and grades 4–5, preparing to teach (post-16 and one year centres) and English Language Fundamental Skills
- our series of Focus on Success packs. These look at the following topics: writing, extract to whole questions, AO2, AO3 and managing multiple texts.
Register for Centre Services if you don't already have an account.
These booklets include sample reading resources you can use to prepare your students for the unseen text section of the exams (Section A).
Further insights series
- Ten-point guide to teaching synthesis
- Paper 2 writing task guidance
- How structure is assessed: Paper 1, Question 3
Access to a range of courses all designed to help you develop skills build confidence and progress your career can be found on our professional development page.