Level 1 Foundation Project Qualification (7991)
Our Foundation Project Qualification specification has been updated for teaching from September 2020, with first assessment in May 2021. We have updated the specification to help you manage project qualifications in your school and ensure your students are prepared for their Foundation Project Qualification.
The Foundation level is a versatile project qualification, providing opportunities to engage and motivate all learners with different capabilities. It can be offered as a stand-alone qualification or as an extension of other Level 1 qualifications or vocational qualifications such as Modern Apprenticeships.
We've designed it to fit easily into your curriculum, so you could use it to stretch and challenge high achievers, as part of a Gifted and Talented programme, or as a stepping stone to the Higher and Extended Projects and a path to higher education.
The Foundation Project can encourage students who struggle with traditional academic study by inspiring them to complete a practical project, such as producing an artefact or learning a new practical skill. They could in the process:
- gain a focus for learning at school
- build sufficient confidence to engage with other subjects.
Our specification is designed to allow both these possibilities, and to provide a clear structure within which, with some guidance, all learners can:
- develop transferable and core skills to apply in a future workplace, apprenticeship or further study
- become inquisitive and independent learners
- experience new areas and methods of study, including how to plan and review their progress
- if needed, use ICT and appropriate technologies with assurance.
Email us with your name, email address and school to tell us you're planning to offer the Foundation Project Qualification and we will allocate you a named Project Adviser and provide you with ongoing support and resources.
- Date by which January 2020 and March 2020 certificates will be issued
- Results for May/June 2020 AQA Baccalaureate, AQA Certificate (Level 3), Functional Skills, FSMQ (Advanced level) and Level 3 Extended Project released to students
Codes and references
|Qualification type||Project qualifications|
|Specification title||Level 1 Foundation Project Qualification|