Amendments to original certificates

If your personal information (eg name or date of birth) is incorrect on your certificate, you can ask for an amendment.

We can only amend personal details based on your birth certificate. We are unable to amend name changes made by deed poll after the results of the exam have been issued. For further information please refer to the UK Deed Poll Service.

If you’re transgender and would like to amend your certificate, please contact for further information.


There is a fee of £43 per amendment request. Please follow the payment instructions in Step 4 on our Past results and lost certificates page.

How to apply

To amend your certificate we’ll need:

  • your original certificate
  • a copy of your birth certificate
  • a covering letter specifying the amendments you need, your payment reference, contact details and a return address.

Use recorded delivery to send the documents listed above to:

AQA Results
Devas Street
M15 6EX

Exam centres can ask for amendments to certificates. See our page on exam certificates for more information.