The new specification AS and A-level History can be easily co-taught.
- The content of each AS option is identical to the content of the first part of the corresponding A-level option.
- The assessment objectives are the same.
- The questions on the AS examination are deconstructed versions of the questions on the A-level examination.
- The same historical skills apply to both.
- These skills are summative if the AS is taken as a stand-alone qualification but formative if the student continues on to the full A-level.
- The A-level has an additional third component (non-examined assessment).