As A-level and GCSE exams have been cancelled for the summer 2021 series, we're now looking ahead to summer 2022. Apply now to secure your place on our list of approved applicants.
To do so, you’ll need:
- to have three full terms of teaching experience gained in the last three years
- a senior professional referee able to verify your relevant experience
- Windows PC (version 8 or above), we're not able to support Apple Mac
- a private mobile phone or landline (to gain access to the Associate Extranet)
- preferably a degree, teaching qualification, or equivalent in your chosen subject(s).
We’re also accepting applications to Economics, Geography, Religious Studies and Sociology from retired teachers, trainee teachers, NQTs, tutors, lecturers and PhD students.
Search for a vacancy
For data security reasons, we can only accept applications from EEA countries (EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and countries that the European Commission has decided have an adequate level of protection for personal data.
Make results happen
Learn how becoming an examiner can benefit you, your students and your professional development.
Becoming an AQA examiner has never been easier
Choose an open vacancy and complete our user-friendly form. This usually takes 15 minutes.
If your application is successful, we’ll email your referee and ask them to check your experience.
3. Holding pool
Once your referee checks your experience, we’ll add you to our list of approved applicants.
When a vacancy for your qualification is available, we'll send you a contract by email.