To join the Unit Award Scheme (UAS), you'll need to:
- complete a centre registration form (Please download and save the form onto your own device before editing.)
- attend a training meeting.
If your school or college doesn't have a Department for Education (DfE) or National Centre Number, you'll need to supply the following information on the registration form:
- contact details of two referees we can approach (for your school or college, not for the proposed UAS coordinator)
- website details or other published information where we can find out more about your school or college
- confirmation that your school or college has a Child Protection Policy if working with young people under the age of 16.
Also, if you don't receive 100% government funding, eg you are an independent school rather than a mainstream school or academy, you'll need to complete the Credit Assessment Form (included in the registration form).
Upcoming training meetings
All training is currently taking place online with a UAS trainer. Sessions run from 10am–1pm. Upcoming dates are shown below:
- 27 January – full
- 16 February
- 24 March
- 22 April
- 19 May
- 22 June
- 7 July
Please email email@example.com to book a place. Alternatively, you can let us know your preferred session on your centre registration form.
If your centre is already registered for UAS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01423 534235 to discuss your training options.
What the training covers
- how the UAS works
- administration and assessment
- how to find, amend and write units.
What happens after training
Once your registration has been approved and you've completed the training, you'll be invoiced for the one-off registration fee. We'll then send you access information for Gateway – our online processing system.
Contact us when students have completed their first units, and we'll explain what you need to do to get the evidence checked before your certificates are issued.