To join the Unit Award Scheme (UAS), you'll need to:
- complete a centre registration form (Please download and save the form onto your own device before editing.)
- attend a training meeting.
If your school or college doesn't have a Department for Education (DfE) or National Centre Number, you'll need to supply the following information on the registration form:
- contact details of two referees we can approach (for your school or college, not for the proposed UAS coordinator)
- website details or other published information where we can find out more about your school or college
- confirmation that your school or college has a Child Protection Policy if working with young people under the age of 16.
Also, if you don't receive 100% government funding, eg you are an independent school rather than a mainstream school or academy, you'll need to complete the Credit Assessment Form (included in the registration form).
Webinars: UAS for Special Educational Needs and Youth Services
Watch our webinars to find out more about how the Unit Award Scheme (UAS) can be used specifically within Special Educational Needs, and in a youth services setting. Register to watch these webinars using the links below:
Upcoming training meetings
|25 September 2019||London|
|26 September 2019||London|
|8 October 2019||Manchester|
|11 November 2019||York|
|10 December 2019||London|
|11 December 2019||London|
|23 January 2020||Birmingham|
|5 February 2020||London|
|11 March 2020||Leeds|
|26 March 2020||London|
|6 May 2020||Manchester|
|9 June 2020||London|
|18 June 2020||Birmingham|
|8 July 2020||London|
Please use our online booking system to book your place at UAS new school/college training meetings. Please don't book onto a meeting with less than three working days' notice. Instead, book onto the next appropriate meeting for you on the list. You are limited to booking one or two delegates to begin with – if you'd like a third delegate to attend, contact us a few days before the meeting to see if we have spare capacity.
We may also be able to train you and your colleagues at your school or college. If you'd like us to do this, email us with three dates that would work for you.
What the training covers
- how the UAS works
- administration and assessment
- how to find, amend and write units.
What happens after training
Once your registration has been approved and you've completed the training, you'll be invoiced for the one-off registration fee. We'll then send you access information for Gateway – our online processing system.
Contact us when students have completed their first units, and we'll explain what you need to do to get the evidence checked before your certificates are issued.