AQA Unlocking Potential
Nominations for AQA Unlocking Potential 2021 are now closed. Thank you to all those who applied.
Delivery adaptations due to coronavirus restrictions
We’ve adapted the delivery this year so where we can’t offer face to face mentoring, we can still give students that one-on-one mentoring in a virtual setting. The launch event will be online but, where permitted, mentoring sessions will be delivered in person by athletes. The Trust also have a digital inclusion fund available to help students engage in the programme. This can contribute towards purchasing tablets and wifi enabled dongles for young people if they need to access the programme from home due to coronavirus restrictions.
In addition to the mentoring, our partners the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust are offering:
- Free ‘Covid & Me’ sessions for all schools participating in the programme. Delivered by world class athletes, these interactive sessions are aimed at helping pupils reflect on the pandemic, consider coping mechanisms and identify opportunities in the ‘new normal’. These are designed for small groups but can be adapted to be delivered to a bigger audience and this can be in person on virtually.
- A well-being bag for students selected for the programme, with some goodies from the Trust.
What is AQA Unlocking Potential?
The AQA Unlocking Potential programme, run jointly with the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust, aims to bring out the best in young people so that they can achieve their goals.
It takes a special group of participants on a personal journey that:
- develops their skills and knowledge
- increases their confidence, self-belief and motivation
- raises their aspirations and encourages them to aim high in life.
The programme brings together young people and athlete mentors. They work in groups and one-to-one sessions over eight months to plan and deliver a social action project which benefits their local community. The young people receive dedicated support from inspiring role models, and the mentors have an opportunity to pass on how they have overcome challenges and succeeded in life.
The programme aims to motivate and inspire young people to discover and develop their strengths and to make the most of their potential. The mentors know what it takes to overcome adversity and have the will to succeed not only in sport, but in life too.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org