The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) has confirmed that any student unable to receive a calculated result in summer 2020 and others who would like to improve their grades will have an opportunity to take the full suite of GCSE, AS and A-level exams in the autumn.
We’d like to clarify a few points relating to GCSE, AS and A-level Art and Design and how the autumn series assessment will work.
- Students will only need to complete Component 2 for the autumn series.
- Component 2 will be completed in the normal way with externally set assignments being released, followed by the preparatory period and then the 10 hours (GCSE and AS) and 15 hours (A-level) supervised time.
- The externally set assignments will be released on e-AQA secure key materials (SKM) only - we won’t send you any paper copies. The assignments will be available to teachers and exams officers on SKM from:
- 12 August 2020 (AS and A-level)
- 19 August 2020 (GCSE)
- Students must start and complete a new task for the autumn series, they can’t use any previous work.
- The work will be examined not moderated, so you don’t need to mark students’ work.
- You’ll need to submit all students’ work to us by post to be assessed.
AS and A-level
Art and Design
Entry closing date is 4 September 2020
Externally set assignment submission date is 23 October 2020
Art and Design
Entry closing date is 18 September 2020
Externally set assignment submission date is 6 November 2020
You can start to make entries from A-level and GCSE results days.