Results and certificates

All students, including private candidates, receive or collect their results and certificates from the school or college where they sat their exams. Talk to the exams officer about what arrangements are in place at your accommodating school or college.

We do not issue results to any students. You can only get these from your school or college.

Results for AS, A-levels and Functional Skills qualifications are sent to the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).

Late awards

If you have completed all the units required but have not been entered for the overall subject award, please speak to your exams officer who may be able to enter you for a late award. This applies to Functional Skills English only.

Results day

You may find it helpful to read our guide to results days. This explains what you need to know about results day, post-results services, how to understand your results slip and other helpful information and advice.

Enquiries about results (EAR)

If you wish to query your results, see our pages on post-results services for information on the options available.

In the first instance we recommend you speak to the exams officer at your school/college, who can request an exam script, apply for a review of marking or make an appeal on your behalf. You can also contact us directly to request these services through Customer Services, on 0800 197 7162. Only private candidates can submit a post-results service request to us directly.

Detailed information about the EAR process is also available on JCQ post-results services.


Certificates will be sent to the school or college where you took your exams.

You need to collect your certificate from the school or college, or arrange for the certificate to be sent to you. Certificates are usually available three months after you received your results. You will not receive a certificate if you have not entered for the subject award or if you have received an Unclassified (U) grade. Any subject with a U, Q or X result for will not appear on the certificate.

More information about lost certificates or changes to your certificate is available under past results.